I went to have a tire looked at that was under warranty on my Mercedes and ended up paying for a water pump, steering reservoir, new brakes all around, oil change and coolant flush.
The tire was covered and the rest of the work was $2900.00. Phil (the rude manager) told me they could work on my car with no problem. I went to pick up my car and the cashier Ashley told me she test drove and everything was great. I thought that was odd since she definitely isn't a mechanic. I paid for my car and went to work. When I came out of work to go to lunch, I saw that my car was leaning to the left. I drove right back to Chestertown Goodyear to have them fix it.
Phil tried to tell me that my air bag all of a sudden went flat because of the cold weather??? He was very defensive and repeating over and over again it happened when I had the car! I had my friend Dan, who works for corporate VW and is the head of service call Phil and explain to him that the damage to my car was done by them and they needed to fix it. Phil said he would buy the airbag and charge me $150.00 dollars for labor to install. Dan told me to pay because I can't drive my car leaning. My friend said that it was unfair but to make sure you tell Phil you want the replacement part and then you will go after them legally. I never received a phone call to see if my car was fixed. I called Goodyear and Phil answered, he said my car was ready. I asked him to make sure the replacement part was there. He said that it wasn't the airbag after all and that all it was something else. There would be no charge to me. Interesting how that happened??? I wished I had asked for the other parts they took out of my car.
I went to pick my car up and Ashley had to plastic piece in her hand and said the car must have hit a curb for these pieces to come off and cause the hose that filled the bag up to go flat. They replaced the parts free of charge.
I drove home smelling oil and chemicals coming through the vents of my car. When I pulled in my drive way my engine was smoking. When I popped the trunk I noticed the bottom part of my grill was broken off. I called Ashley and said the mystery is over who ever test drove my car, which Ashley told me she did, hit the curb and damaged my grill and the hose clips. It will cost $550 to repair the damage they did while in possession of my car. Now I am going to the States Attorney to have Goodyear pay for the damage to my car. How am I supposed to trust that the other work was completed and that it truly needed to be done!?!?!
Please don't go to Goodyear in Chestertown, they are crooks!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Goodyear Service Department
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Aamco Transmission Complaint 2-20-16 I changed my truck transmission filter & fluids and found a piece of metal at the bottom of the transmission oil pan. I was not sure what the..."
- "I came into this place a month ago & has been a nightmare ever since. It's been almost 5 weeks later and I still don't have my car due to..."
- "We took our 2012 Outback to Camping World in Katy TX to have an additional AC installed. Having just one AC didn't cut it. We dropped of our travel traler..."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "Name is Nagesh.I placed an order at for SUBWAY lower parel phoenix mill store at 2.25 PM and got messge that it will get delivered by 3.10pm . no one..."